21-Year-Old Program and / DayTime Activity
La Clé des Débrouillards
This program, funded by CIUSSSE-CHUS, offers daytime activities to adult users in order for them to maintain their acquired knowledge skills. Schedule Monday to Thursday, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The key to the success of La Clé des Débrouillards? It’s about living real life, like everyone else! On the program: a mix of activities and accountability in the activities of daily life (kitchen, grocery store, house keeping). We also focus on physical exercises and relaxation, indoors and outdoors. In addition, we work in a workshop on self-knowledge and other skills, skills development, self-determination, stress and anger management, compliance with regulations and social skills. In short, we will not only pick strawberries but we learn how they are grown, harvested, cooked… which gives us positive feedback from parents who see the evolution of their children. The activities offered are varied, rewarding, stimulating and our personalized and flexible approach makes everyone happy.
We are also recognized for our involvement in the community and partnership with other community organizations:
– Maison des Aidantes et des Aidants de Brome-Missisquoi : who are kind enough to welcome us for activities such as Karaoke, picnic…
- Le Sac à Mots : with whom participants learn French and mathematics at our own pace. Another “My Map and Me” activity was really interesting to physically appropriate our neighborhood and our living environment. Since January 2020, our participants will work at the Bouquinerie every first Monday of the month. We carry out tasks: preparing the notebooks of new participants, tidying up the books in alphabetical order, sorting new arrivals, etc.
- Sûreté du Québec : visit of an agent for the presentation of her profession and to do prevention.
- Le Champ de la Voisine to which we offer our help for the cultivation and harvesting of garlic and garlic flowers.
- In 2019, we participated in the project « Dévisage-toi » created by Gabrielle Charbonneau, created by the Mouvement d’art positif and Cowansville City. The participants, who were all very proud of them, touched us by their great opportunities.
- Watch video MAP Dévisage toi FINAL
- Watch video Nous sommes les mêmes
- In early 2020, a very exciting new project by Gabrielle Charbonneau was started: « Mannequin d’un jour ». We used the clothes of Cowansville’s « L’Atelier de Récup ». Participants were asked to choose clothing styles, pick up the right clothes from the shop and participate in the photo shoot.
All of these activities allow participants to integrate well into our community, learn, socialize and evolve as individuals.
Large containment COVID-19
In order to support our participants and their families during this exceptional time, our interveners have developed an innovative project, the presentation capsules of interactive and occupancy activities put on our Facebook platform every week: https://www.facebook.com/apphbmdebrouillards
We are very proud of our interveners who care about the wellbeing of the vulnerable people in our society.
On the program: physical, recreational and educational activities, while adapting to the skills and needs of each participant. Our goal is to promote the development and development of the person on several levels: autonomy, personal hygiene, social skills, daily tasks, emotional management, etc. in a nice adapted space, loaned by CRDI on Textiles Street in Cowansville. An average of 13 to 16 participants attended each week. The day’s program includes a group discussion period (with a talk stick), relaxation time, physical activity, socializing games, educational activities and various workshops.
In the fall of 2019, we planned with a few clients, a visit to the Club de Gymnastique les Hirondelles. We did an obstacle course that they loved. One of our participants who was 47 years old wanted to jump into the big squares of moss. We were a little worried as there were only 20 minutes left before departure. Eventually she was able to get in and out without a problem. It’s good for us to learn something new about our users and not underestimate their abilities. Our participants are always happy to meet on Saturday to do activities together. They build up a beautiful network of friendships, in addition to developing relational and social skills that will serve them for the rest of their lives. It is a place of their own where they can be themselves and at the same time “like everyone else”.
School activities / 12-21 years old
As part of the « Programme de soutien financier au service de surveillance d’élèves handicapés âgés de 12 à 21 ans » the APPHBM has received a grant from the Ministère de la Famille since October 2013. Today’s parents need to be able to work, knowing that their child receives all the attention they need for their safety and development.
After-school day care
Daily after school – 3:45 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.
Students attending schools in the Brome-Missisquoi area and even Granby can benefit from the service, regardless of their school board. It is possible to use adapted transport. On the program: help with homework as needed, various activities.
Pedagogical days – Spring Break
9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Our goal is to get young people interested by offering fun activities according to the theme of the season: decorating pumpkins, Halloween cookies, games of textures, finding hidden objects, making decorations and small Christmas gifts, painting on canvas, making scarves, soap, greeting cards, gardening…
Special outings are also on the menu: bowling, Lazer-tag, Pointe-à-Callière Montréal Archaeology and History Complex, centre d’amusement familial Grimpe et Partout, Club de Gymnastique «Les Hirondelles», Motion Parc évolutif, Granby Zoo.
The specialized day camp – summer / 12 – 21 years
Monday to Friday – 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
It is thanks to grants from the City of Cowansville, Ministère de la Famille and Emploi-Canada that we can offer our specialized day camp. Each year there is a theme with various learnings, experiences, physical activities, educational and fun. We go to the beach and the pool when the weather is nice and on Fridays, several outings are planned, for example: Motion Parc Evolutionary, Montreal Science Centre, Granby Zoo, Bedford agricultural exhibition… A BBQ closes the season.
Our camp is therefore a great opportunity for young people to move, learn, grow, make friends, while having a framework adapted to their needs.
In addition, parents can benefit from a la carte service that allows them to choose the days they need.